Thursday, August 08, 2013

Hail To The King, Avenged Sevenfold!

When I went onto my Youtube account, I had the shock of my life along with excitement - A new Avenged song came up. Better yet, an advert appeared for a new upcoming album in August!

Naturally, Avenged Sevenfold have had a huge influence on my life and music taste ever since I discovered them properly three years ago, when I was 14. Their music fits just about any mood, and a lot of it I connected with, especially when I was going through a really hard time.

A year after my Great Auntie passed on, 'Dear God' was my saviour and depressant all at the same time. I adored the song, and it really explained how I felt, through the beauty of the words and music. Three days later, I got Nightmare, which became so hard to listen to due to the circumstances.

Needless to say that this band have a special place in my heart. Hearing they had a new single was amazing! Immediately, I checked it out.


I'm sure you've already guessed what my opinion was on it - I loved it! I'd say the only thing that's slightly disappointing is that the drum line is rather plain compared to past Avenged music, but, at the same time, who can blame them for simplifying what used to be their late dear brother's talent? No one could possibly replace Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan.

However, this simplified drum part works to their advantage in some ways as well. It really brings out the always-elaborate dual guitar part of Synyster Gates and Zacky Vengeance. The song, as a whole, really has the "classic" rock/metal feel, and, as always, M. Shadows' voice suits the music perfectly!

So, 'Hail To The King' really does bring Avenged Sevenfold back on the music scene. After this taster, I'm intrigued to find out what their new album will be like as a whole.

Now the waiting game begins: August 26th is the album release date and a trip to Britain is arranged in November/December. (Eep!!) This year could be another big one for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment