Thursday, August 08, 2013

Bon Jovi, What About Now Tour

So, Wednesday June 12th, my mother and I went to see her heros. Bon Jovi surprised us both by visiting Cardiff and treating us to an entertaining night of music in the Cardiff City Stadium.

Well, my mum said that it was one of the best concerts she's seen them play (for the woman who's seen them eight times). And, I must say, they were on form! Opening with 'That's What The Water Made Me' really did get the crowd going, although it did shock me that they didn't begin with 'Because We Can'. I thought that was true opening material, but then again who can complain with surprises!

Bon Jovi began by playing a few of their new songs, which were a fantastic start to the night. However, shortly after he went straight back into the classics, which immediately increased the excitement of the crowd. With songs like 'You Give Love A Bad Name', 'Always' and, one of my personal favourites, 'It's My Life', it's hard not to!

Throughout the night they played songs old and new, and it was a perfect way to spend an evening of exciting music. The finale was, unsurprisingly, 'Livin' On A Prayer'. My mum was honestly disappointed because Jon Bon Jovi brought out his acoustic, and started singing calmly. Although she loves the acoustic version, she really wanted me to see him play the original.

Well... That she got. Halfway through, the sound changed completely, and the original took form. Our night was complete; a taster of the acoustic, a dance together to the original!


Honestly, it was a spectacular performance. The scenery was interesting - a huge car frame with a big screen above (as seen here) - and, although it was disappointing that Richie Sambora wasn't there, the guitarist who stepped in was equally as talented. They should be proud of their performance, because, in all, I won't be forgetting that night for a long time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment