Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The War On Drugs - Lost in the Dream. Praise!

I know this a little bit old news now, but I must sing my praises about this one album, as I can't stop playing it on repeat due to the nostalgic feel.

You must understand, for something to make me feel happily nostalgic is a rare masterpiece. Long story short, a lot of things in the past have made my memories painful. This beauty of an album by The War On Drugs, however, has shifted me. The title track in particular, 'Lost in the Dream', has a strong influence. I can't express how wonderful it was to look back at my life in happiness!

Anyway, The War On Drugs released this album last March. I discovered them later on in Green Man festival, Brecon, in August. Hell, they are a fantastic live band! I did wonder at that point where these guys had been all my life.

The echoey, haunting quality to the riffs, such as in 'Suffering', makes this record a perfect chill-out CD. This is definitely something people should try, no matter what kind of music you're in to! These guys have a distinct enough style to differentiate themselves from the hundreds of bands out there, mainly down to Adam Granduciel's unique vocals.


If you have heard of these guys, I hope you share a similar love for them as I do! For me, it was instant. I have been missing out on a vital part of life! As for you who haven't, check them out. I know I say it a lot, but I really do mean it when I say if there is one band you should listen to, it's these!

No comments:

Post a Comment